Franklin Hospital - Senior Care
Senior Care is an Intensive Outpatient behavioral health program for older adults specifically tailored to meet the needs of those that struggle to deal with depression, grief, worry, anxiety, and isolation. As people grow older, they go through many changes and suffer many different types of losses. These challenges can cause a great deal of stress and anxiety for someone and often lead to feelings of sadness or depression. The good news is that the symptoms of anxiety and depression that often accompany these changes can be minimized and resolved with proper treatment.
Senior adults often face unique emotional problems including:
- Adjusting to declining physical health
- Crying spells and/or explosive anger
- Debilitating problems with grief and loss
- Lack of interest or enjoyment in activities
- Deterioration of daily living skills
- Difficulty coping with change
- Feelings of anxiety or depression
- Loneliness and isolation
- Negative changes in sleeping and eating habits
- Strained family relationships
- Strong sense of hopelessness often accompanied by thoughts of death
- Trouble adjusting to retirement
Services provided are confidential and individualized, and length of services are determined on an individual basis. The program utilizes individual, group, and family counseling with full coordination of services and medication with our psychiatrist. For those who do not have transportation, assistance is available and meals are provided on treatment days.
Your Treatment Team
Your treatment team is multi-disciplinary in design to ensure the best quality care possible. Along with the patient and their family doctor, the team includes:
- Your family (per your approval)
- Medical Director, Ron Johnson, MD
- Program Director, Roberta Williams, LCPC
- Nursing, Janet Barker, RN and Stephanie Higginson, RN
- Therapists, Judy Zito, MSW and Tracy Norris, MSW
- Unit Clerk, Jackie Alvis, CNA
What is the first step?
Referrals can be made by anyone. Contact will be made with primary care physician or they can make the referral. To receive more information, schedule a confidential assessment or make a referral, call Senior Care at 618.435.4731 during normal business hours. All screenings are complimentary.