Star Gholson, RN, Case Manager
The Case Management/Discharge Planning department evaluates patients upon admission and establishes plans for discharge appropriate to the patient's individual needs.
Office Hours are 7:30AM - 4:00PM. Monday through Friday.
The Case Management department facilitates discharge planning with patients, families, physicians and other members of the health care team such as nursing, dietary, and therapy. These processes improve therapeutic communication to better meet our patient's needs.
Examples of services and community resources/referrals
- Advance Directives: Provides information and forms for HCPOA (Health Care Power of Attorney), DNR (Do Not Resuscitate), Living Wills, and Mental Health Declarations.
- Home Health Care
- Home Medical Equipment, Home Oxygen, Walkers, Hospital Beds, Wheelchairs and Medical Supplies.
- Emergency Response Systems: Information on I.D. Necklaces/Alerts to Obtain Help in Emergency Situations at Home.
- DORS (Division of Rehabilitation Services), Office of Rehabilitative Services: Home Service Programs for the Disabled under the age of 60 who qualify.
- Assisted Living/Supported Living Facilities
- Nursing Home Placement
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse
- Inpatient/Acute Rehabilitation Services: Evaluation and Treatment Options for Outpatient and Inpatient Services.
- Swing Bed Admissions: Hospital-Based Short Term Extension for Skilled Nursing Services and/or Rehabilitation Services including Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy.
For more information, contact Star Gholson, RN, Case Manager at (618) 435-9725 or by fax to (618) 435-3981 or by email email@example.com