This is a nurse helping a elderly patient
Franklin Hospital - Senior Care
Located in our Medical Building at 203 Bailey Lane, Franklin Hospital Senior Care is an Intensive Outpatient behavioral health program for older adults, specifically tailored to meet the needs of those that struggle with depression, grief, worry, anxiety, and isolation. As people grow older, they go through many changes and suffer many different types of losses. These challenges can cause a great deal of stress and anxiety and often lead to feelings of sadness or depression. The good news is that the symptoms of anxiety and depression that often accompany these changes can be minimized and resolved with proper treatment.
Senior adults often face unique emotional problems including:
- Adjusting to declining physical health
- Crying spells and/or explosive anger
- Debilitating problems with grief and loss
- Lack of interest or enjoyment in activities
- Deterioration of daily living skills
- Difficulty coping with change
- Feelings of anxiety or depression
- Loneliness and isolation
- Negative changes in sleeping and eating habits
- Strained family relationships
- Strong sense of hopelessness often accompanied by thoughts of death
- Trouble adjusting to retirement
Services provided are confidential and individualized. Length of services can also be determined on an individual basis. The program utilizes individual, group, and family counseling with full coordination of services and medication with our psychiatrist. For those who do not have transportation, assistance is available and meals are provided on treatment days.
What is the first step?
To receive more information, schedule a confidential assessment, or make a referral, call Senior Care at (618) 435-9778 during normal business hours. All screenings are complimentary.